I’m not a fan of “New Year Proposal” lists, but this year I want to set a personal goal, which I hope will help myself a little (and also others)
- Be more positive.
Or… not to be so negative 🤪
Glass half empty or half full?
- The optimist will say that the glass is half-full.
- The pessimist will say that the glass is half-empty.
- The engineer will say that the glass is 2 times bigger than it needs to be.
- The politician will say that the glass would be more empty if the opposition were in charge.
- The project manager will say that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
- The fanatic will say that the glass is full, even though it isn’t.
- The IT support person will say that you should try emptying the glass and then refilling it.
- The alcoholic ignores the glass and goes for the bottle
- The business partner wants the air-water interface to be vertical and “swirly”.
- Me, “where is my glass?”
And a classic https://what-if.xkcd.com/6/